Monday, September 28, 2009

Apparently We Are Sportsy

After going to the Astro's game on Wednesday, we continued the sports theme by going to the Texans game on Sunday.  It was really fun and a good game.  However, if you watched it you know, that it ended sadly.  Two bad calls, which negated two touchdowns that could have tied the game, in the last 2 minutes allowed Jacksonville to win.  We had club level tickets (which unfortunately were not given for free like our Astros tickets were).  It was nice to have our own food lines and bathrooms, so there was hardly any wait at all.  A lady in the bathroom even gave me a paper towel to dry my hands. fancy. I don't even think it was that fancy when we have gone with Camp Periwinkle and sat in the suites.  However, then all the food and stuff was free.  Were hoping they will have extra tickets again this year so we can go again.


Battle Red day at the Texans game

We dog-sat my friend Cody's dog Katie Bell (yes named after Harry Potter) while she was up in Dallas this weekend.  Good thing we got rid of Bandit or we would have had three dogs, and Russell might of had zero wives. lol.  Katie Bell is sweet so it was a fun weekend.  Though with having a second dog with us the last few weeks, I think we (and I mean Russell) has gooten the itch for a seond dog out of our system.  Though it's nice for Rusty to have a play mate, they always play and you always have to watch after them.  I think we like our one puppy, who is lazy loves to cuddle, and is perfect.

I subbed for 7th grade math today.  I am so not made to be a math teacher, I am really bad at explaining why things are.  It's math, it is because it is.  This one girl was giving me attitude and telling me I was going it wrong (and I know I was foing it right).  I told her if you want to do it your way, then fine but you will fail.  oops I don't know if that is waht I should be saying to her.  But that class was BAD so I was pretty fed up at the point.  The teacher was gone because he had the flu.  One of the other teachers came in right before the bell rang and Lysoled EVERYTHING.  I HATE Lysol, I hate the smell it reminds me of bathrooms (not pleasant) and I could barely breathe until 3rd period.  If I am steril, I know why. lol.  One thing that I have realized is that kids are sick- literally.  I don't think I have ever washed my hands so much in my life, and put on Purell like it is lotion (and you know me and my lotion habits).  I think I will get a ful shot.  I have gotten one the last 3 years free at my work (God forbid that some of the athletes get sick) it was nice because it was free.  I think I'm going to try and see if they are doing it free anywhere.  I think at Walgreen's you can get it done for $25.  But I would rather spend that $25 on something other than a fluy shot.... we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment