Thursday, September 24, 2009

Interesting Week

So this week has been kinda interesting...

It started with us getting Bandit (see previous post).  Well he did not make the cut.  He was the most frustrating dog ever.  The lady claimed he was potty trained, didn't bark, didn't chew.  We found those all to be false.  In the 5 days he was with us he chewed up his bed padding, the throw pillows in the guest room, Russell's x-box cord, the trash, a box of cards, the toilet paper holder, and the futon (i was furious at the last one).  He barked when he was outside for too long and whined all night long.  And when we would try to bop him on the nose for doing bad things he would squirt a little pee out.  Rusty had some scratches on him from them playing.  So we knew it wasn't working out.  The lady came back Wednesday at 5 and picked him up.  Apparently someone else had replied to the ad, so she was going to bring Bandit to them.  In the end we were very relieved to be rid of him.  I think Rusty was too.  Rusty slept I think for the first time last night now that Bandit was gone.  They were sleeping together in the guest room, I would go in there and check on them, and they would both be panting and looking at my goofy like "what we aren't doing anything" and I'm like YEAH RIGHT. lol.  So today Rusty had a day at the spa.  He needed his nails trimmed so I took him up to Petsmart and he got a mani pedi and bath, and apparently some really strong perfume.  Maybe we will try again for a second dog this summer.

Russell got free tickets to the Astro's game last night.  They were great seats right behind home plate, 28 rows up.  They were from one of the vendors and Russell's work.  They were $50 tickets plus a parking pass.  It was kind of a boring game (no home runs) but the Astro's broke a 9 game losing streak and won.  Afterwards we went and got some gelato.  It was a fun night, and I think it did us both good to leave the stress that Bandit gave us behind.




While subbing this week I have watched the first 45 minutes of Journey to the Center of the Earth six different times.  If you need a very detailed description on if I can give it to you, but I have no clue what happens at the end.  I subbed today for one out our Bible study leaders today, so that was kinda fun.  Her kids were really good.  One, I swear, was high or on drugs or something, he was acting really weird.  But I don't know how he usually acts so I couldn't really say.

In the mail today I got a ticket for $75 from the red light cameras in College Station (another reason that going for seminar class is gay). I was trying to make a right turn before it turned red.  Apparently I didn't make it.  UGH it's just so lame. 

Were going out tonight for Tony's birthday (Russell's brother).  For once neither of his or Russell's birthdays has fallen during a Huricane.  Hurican Rita was on Tony's borthday and Huricane Ike was on Russells.  Note to self: don't have babies during huricane season.

1 comment:

  1. Patches was quite jealous after hearing about Rusty's mani pedi & bath so had to take him today for his own hair cut & bath! Kathy

    ReplyDelete