Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our 6 Month Anniversary

Yesterday was our 6 month anniversary.  Whoohoo!  It seems not that long ago we were just getting engaged.  It was nice that it fell on Labor day so we could spend it together.  We made breakfast, and then watched some tennis (Melanie Oudin - 17 yr old from Georgia- is having an amazing run!).  Then we decided we would go bowling.  We had been talking about it for the last week or two, but to go when it's cheap and there are no leagues going on, you have to go in the middle of the day or late at night.  The first game went pretty well.  I bowled a 99 (so close...) and Russ had a 130 or something high like that.  And it pretty much went down hill from there.  I think I was in the 80s for the rest of the hour.  We got in 3 1/2 games. 

Russell showing off his bowling moves!


A few lanes down from us a guy bowled a 279 (WOW).  He had all strikes but one where he got a 9 spare.  CRAZY.  I will never be that good. lol. 

After that we went to Taco Bell for lunch.  I know it's not the most romantic but it was good and it makes me happy.  The rest of the day was filled with doing laundry and leftovers for dinner.  We thought about going and get free chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a by wearing our A&M gear (or any team for that matter) but I don't really like the chicken sandwhiches (I prefer the nuggets).  Plus the Chick-fil-a by our house is always a mad house, so I can't imagine what it would be like when they are giving away free food. 
On a side note: I am subbing for the first time in an elementary school tomorrow.  Prayers please- lol.  I nomally stick to just middle schools and high schools (it's easier, after 50 minutes you get to do the same thing again, whereas elementary you are with them all day and have to entertain them all day).  But since for my program we have to sub so many days this semester, I'm afraid I can't be too picky.  Hopefully when I get into Cy Fair School district on Friday, there will be more opportunitues at the higher grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment