Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nothing too Interesting

Well when I started this blog I was wondering if our lives would be exciting enough to have somethign to write about often.  Well this has been a pretty boring week, so if you are bored reading it, well I lived it!

We started our Bible study again this week.  We were supposed to start last week but Carl, our leader, had the flu and was out for a week.  So far we are the only people signed up, besides our leaders Carl and Jennifer, so if you are interested and lve int he Houston area, we meet on Tuesday's at 6:30.

On Friday I went to College Station, for a student teaching meeting.  The actual meeting was on the 18th, but I didn't know about it until about Wednesday.  So I emailed, explained my situation, and was able to watcha video of the meeting and fill out the application in time.  Of the 15 subs in our program only 6 came.  Dr. Kelly, our program director, sent out a link to the student teacing webpage (where the info about the meeting was) at the begining of August, but at that time I was still having a few interviews and didn't pay attention.  It wasn't until I was looking to see when he wanted us to email in our sub sheets, that I noticed it again.  So it was a whirlwind, kinda lame, trip, but necessary.

This weekend we kinda did some fall cleaning instead of spring cleaning.  Russell mowed both the front and back yards, I used our new electric hedge trimmers to trim our hedges.  It worked great!! I was skeptical (and actually made Russell put it back) when he first put it on our cart at Home Depot a few weeks ago.  It's kinda a lot of money for something we wont use all that often.  But after using it, I am a believer.  You can actually see our house now from behind the bushes.


On Saturday we cleaned out the garage.  It was pretty clean anyways but swept out all the grass that had blown in, and swept down the cobwebs in the corners.  We also switched the shelf that was in the laundry room, and kinda big in there, with the small book shelf that was in the garage.  The shelves that are now in the garage can hold everything that was on the book shelf and most all the stuff lining the walls.  They both work better where they are now, and look great.  I also dusted the house, swept, moped, and did three loads of laundry.  Not. Fun.



This should be an interesting two weeks coming up.  Russell has a two week training thing.  If we lived anywhere else he would just be gone for two weeks, but since we live in Houston and that's where the training is, we will all (me, Russell, and Rusty) be living in a hotel for two weeks.  It's mandatory that he stay and since we don't want to be apart for that long, I'm joining.  It's an extended stay hotel, so pets are allowed, it has a full kitchen.  We can always come back and get things from the house if need be.  I wish we had a reason to be out of the house, like perhaps fumagation or something, but no.  So we shall see how it is going to work.

For this training Russell will have homework assignments to do, so I know he is enjoying having to do that again.  He is doing one right now as we speak, and he tried to get me to do it.  I told him I did plenty of his assignments in college when he was too busy (english and ethics, not engineering) and he never did any of mine.  Feel free to text him during the week making fun of his homework.  I know I will be- haha!

And just for kicks!  My two cuties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment