Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Fun Weekends

So both Russell and I had exciting and fun weekends.  Unfortunately they weren't together.

I had a blast hanging out with my favorite Colorado family (and I can say that because my other favorties no longer live in Colorado).  Kristin and I stayed at Leslie and Jeremy's new apartment, so it was fun getting to hang out with just her and spend more time with Leslie than I normally do when we stay at mom and dads.  We did fun things like go to the youth group's Pancake and Karaoke night, and played putt putt.  While I was there I was also able to see Rachel, Amanda, and Lauren.  All at separate times, which made for a busy weekend, but I wouldn't of had it any other way. 


Russell had a fun weekend as well.  He went to Goliad where they had the Texas Mile.  Apparently it is where a bunch of people bring their cars on an old airport runway and they race on the track that's a mile long.  He went with his friend Bill, and they had lots of fun.  Unfortunatly, being out in the sun all day made Russell come home a lobster.  He is very sunburnt :(

This was also a very exiting for a few of my friends.  Katie, my best friend from high school, and one of my bridemaids, got engaged on Friday morning.  Of course, she said yes.  Her and Tommy have been dating for about 4 and half years now.  My former roommate Jill got engaged on Sunday night, to Ross, they have been dating for over 3 years now.  I am super excited for both of them!

It was a very exciting weekend, and a very exhausting one.  I didn't have aj ob lined up for today, which I was fine with.  I was looking forward to sleeping in, and then getting things organized.  I went straight from the hotel for two weeks, to Dallas.  However, I recieved a call this morning at 6:25am for a job, so I took it.  But school starts at 7:25 and I have to be there by 7, and the school was 15-20 minutes away ( which then I got lost and was late ).  So I scrambled to get ready, didn't eat breakfast, and since it was a half day, I didn't pack a lunch.  Thank goodness I threw in a oatmeal cream pie, and a granola bar, because when I was on my way home from that job, I got a call for another one in the afternoon.  I was looking forward to napping when I got home, but I went and "taught" French instead.  I was STARVING when I was finally done for the day.  But money talks and so I work.  Speaking of which, I FINALLY got paid this weekend.  WOOHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment