Thursday, October 29, 2009

Crusades and Flu Shots

Yesterday was an eventful day:  I was able to find a sub job at Waller High for a history teacher.  I always want to do social studies, but unfortunately those are few and far between.  It was a last minute absence, so the teacher didn't have the standard worksheets for me.  I actually got to teach!!!!  It felt so good, I will admit I'm not the most knowledgable about the Crusades, but those kids got a good lecture!  A few of the students commented on how I should  be a teacher.  I'm trying kids, I'm trying

To make matters worst, I had interviewed at Waller HS, and the teacher who interviewed me set up the powerpoint for me, remembered me, and was like oh your subbing.  And I just wanted to be like yeah because you didn't hire me!  DUH!

The day was really good, until the last period.  There were four boys that kept throwing colored pencils, markers, and even books across the room at each other.  I told them to stop, like a million times, but I ended up sending them to the principal's office.  My first office referral- I didn't really know how to do it.  One kid told me he would pay me a dollar not too.  haha!  Maybe ten. . . 

So after the drama in 8th period, I went to Russell's work to get my free flu shot.  I got a Daffy Duck bandaid, and a Tootsie Pop.  They know me all to well.  Russell did not get one, if I get the flu because of him I will be mad.  Hopefully that does not happen.

We decided to get Taco Bell for dinner.  I go and get all the way there and the next one to order when I decide I think I have enough in cash to pay for it.  When I lookin my purse, my wallet is not there.  I don't take a purse when I sub, I keep my phone and wallet in my backpack, it's harder to get stolen.  So thankfully there is another lane around the drive-thru line, so I didn't have to sit there and say I forgot my wallet.  So what shoud have been a 10 minute trip turned into a 30 minute one becuase I had to go home, and then back.  Oh well, it was yummy and worth it.

Today has been really rainy.  And supposed to continue to rain tomorrow.  Hopefully I don't float away!

No comments:

Post a Comment