Sunday, November 1, 2009

Aggieland

This weekend turned into an exciting one.  On Thursday Russell asked if I wanted to go to the A&M game.  Since I was already going to have to go to College Staion for my seminar class, and because I love going to the games, I said yes!  Cody and I drove up early Saturday morning (though we thought it might be early- we had a long debate whether class started at 8 or 9- it ended up being 9).  Class was ok.  Three hours of talking to my friends is fine, but to be so early on a weekend is not as fun.  Russell came and picked me up at noon when class was over.  The tickets we got came with a parking pass, so we went and parked on West Campus and walked over to all the game day activities.  Russell's mom, Kathy was there with some kids from Texas Children's Hospital, so we tailgated with them.  Our seats were in the Zone.  So it was great to sit in the shade, and have our own area to hang out and eat and drink.  Very nice, that's the only way I want to go from now on.  But I'm sure you have to donate thousands of dollars before you even get offered the seats.  It was a great game, we played so well.  I hope the Aggies continue to play this way!  We got back aorund 7, and were able to still hand out candy to trick-or-treaters.  I got way more candy than needed, so I'm giving it to Cody to have in her classroom, because what all is left is the hard candy, gum suckers, and tootsie rolls.

It was nice to have an extra hour of sleep!  However, both Russell and I didn't sleep in all that long, and it felt like we had forever until church time.  We took two cars to church because I needed to leave at 1:15 to make it over to the Woodlands for Maria's shower.  She is getting married on the 29th.  Russell (and normally me too) help tear down our church, which meets in a middle school, and its normally around 2 when we get home.  Maria's shower was fun, it was nice to hang out with that side of the family.  jenny should be having the twins any day now!!  Tonight we went to Chili's to take advantage for their 3 courses for 2 people for $20 deal.  Now we are stuffed! 

I can't believe it's already November!  This year has flown by.  On the way to College Station, Cody was telling me about two teachers in her department that might be leaving at the end of this semester (one for an AP position, another older man who can't keep up with the technology).  So be praying that maybe one of those positions will open up and they will want to hire me! 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a great weekend. Will be praying for you about the teaching positions!!!--Mom

    ReplyDelete