Monday, November 9, 2009

Adventures in Subbing

This past week I worked everyday, a first.  Unfortunately two of those days were half days.  I subbed for the same 4th grade teacher for three afternoons ( on the last day I had a morning job at the high school ).  I can see why some of my friends want to teach 4th grade.  They are pretty cute, yet can function on their own if you need them too.  On the last day one boy gave me this:



What can I say I am pretty awesome (or asome). lol.

On Friday I was at one of the middle schools and during one of my classes we had some drama.  I was trying to get them quiet and one of the girls Catalina decided to help me out by telling everyone to be quiet.  Well another girl, Brooke, did not take this too well.  She said something to the effect of you can't tell me what to do and I'll "slap that smirk off your face".  Well Cataline runs out of the room crying, along with two of her friends.  I"m thinking this WOULD happen in MY classroom.  Well Brooke goes to the office, and they can't find Catalina.  They have to call her over the loud speaker before they find her.  Can we say middle school hormones.  I mean overreactions all over the place.  I guess the AP settled everything, and at the end of the day I got two handwritten apologies. 

On Friday night we went to dinner with Russell's family.  And just hung out the rest of the weekend.  Unfortunately almost all of our sprots teams lost :(  Aggies lose by one, Texans lose on a missed game-tying field goal with 1 second left, and the Aggie soccer team lost the Big 12 Championship Game.  The cowboys won!  Yeah we're boring.  Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had some adventures/drama.
    sorry about your sprots (I think sports) teams. I was really hoping that Houston would beat Indy--I thought for sure they would tie it up. Have an awesome week. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete