Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day

I was at Waller High School today (and will be for the same teacher tomorrow).  They had a very nice Veteran's Day Ceremony.  I was very inpressed!  They probably had 75 Veterans there, including 8 from World War II.  The choir sang, bang played, drill team danced, and even a reenactment of the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima.  I'm not going to lie at one point it brought a tear to my eye (one of the senoirs in the Jr.ROTC at Waller presented a flag to his grandfather who was a WWII vet).  The class I was subbing was world history (I have subbed for her once before) and their assignment for today was to write letters to Veterans.  So if their are any veterans reading this (which I doubt but still...) thank you for all you have done.

Speaking of my sub job for these two days, the teacher called me this afternoon to check and see how things were going.  She said she requested me again, because the kids liked me, that she didn't have to go reteach everything, and that they students did their best work when I was there, better than when she is there!! YAY!  That makes me happy to hear.  When she gets back from her conference, I think I am going to ask her if I can put her as one of my references.  

1 comment:

  1. way to go, sub!
    Granddaddy was in both WWII and the Korean Conflict. Da was in the Korean Conflict (I think)

    ReplyDelete