Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas events

It was our first Christmas together as a married couple and it was really fun.  On Christmas Eve we went to church, and then we went around to look at Christmas lights.  This one neighborhood, Prestonwood, does it up really nice.  It's a bunch of culs-de-sac (i think that is the proper way to pluralize that word) and so each cul-de-sac has a different theme, with a buch of cut outs.  At the end of each street, there is an island and there is one big cut out that ties the whole street together, very cool.  However, it had been kind of windy so some of the decorations had blown down.

On Christmas morning we woke up and opened presents.  I got (500) Days of Summer, some new pajamas, and also Russell got me a new camera, a Sony Cybershot, 12.1 mega pixels (over double what my old camer was).  I was very excited about it, I can definietly tell the difference in photo quality.


I got Russell a floor jack, two movies (District 9 and the Hangover). 


I also got him some new slippers (as previously discussed on the blog).  He needed them.  Look at the difference.  He was excited about them!


Rusty also got some new presents, he was excited for all his new toys.  He was down to one ball, now he has two new ropes, a plastic thinggy (hard to describe-lol) and some treats.


After we opened presents, I made pancakes in Christmas shapes.  I was proud of myself, and thought they were cute.



Later on we went to Russell's parents house and had a nice lunch (ham, potatoes, rolls, brocoli cheese casserole).  Then we opened presents there.  We got some nice stuff.  I got some earrings, clothes, some christmas ornaments, and some dvds.  Russell got some Texans stuff, a torque wrench, and some dvds.  We stayed there and hung out and then came home and watched a movie.  It was a great day.  I am jealous that some of my Dallas friends got snow.  (and its snowing there tonight again).  That's alright, hopefully it will make its way down here again.

Monday I went to get my fingerprints done (required by law for Texas educators- which is me!!!).  There are about 15 places to go in HOuston, and the closest one to our house was about 35-40 minutes away.  I mean really?!? There were none in the northwest region.  lame.  It took about 5 minutes to actually do it once I was there.  Which the building was pretty sketchy.  It was in a weird part of town, in a building that looked abandoned.  Oh well, got it done.  Afterwards me and Russell went and saw Sherlock Holmes.  It was really good- better than I thought it was going to be.  I recommend it.  Today Russell had to go back to work :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment