Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BIG NEWS!!

I GOT A JOB!!!!!

On Tuesday I sent out my resume to all the principals in CyFair again.  I picked (well Russell helped me pick) Tuesday so that they would have time to read through all their piled up emails from Thanksgiving break, and mine wouldn't just get pushed to the back.  Well Tuesday afternoon I got a call from CyCreek asking me to come in and interview on Friday.  I didn't tell to many people just because this summer I had quite a few interviews and had nothing come of it.

On Friday it was snowing(a good sign)!!  Russell called and said I should call the school to make sure that they were still open, because his work was closing early, and one of his friends wife works in Katy ISD and they were closing eatly as well.  So I called and was informed (rather rudely) that they were going to be open.  Leslie (her and Jeremy were in town for the weekend) told me goodluck and that they next time I saw her I could have a job.  I was thinking yeah right.  I have never heard any feedback within like a week, much less a day.

They interview went really well.  It was with the principal, AP, and the social studies department chair.  They seemed impressed that I knew a few teachers there already, and that Russell graduated from there.  Towards the end of the interview Mr. Wells (the principal) told me that they had already interviewed 5 other people for the position and that one had 16 years expreience.  First I was thinking that why would he tell me this, and how can i compete with that. 

He called me about 15 or 20 minutes after I got home, and asked if I had make it home alright (since it was snowing).  Thin he started saying nice things about me, I just thought he was building me up to let me down easy.  He kept talking for awhile and Russell (and I) were on the edge of our seat waiting for him to say yes or no.  Finally (after what seemed like forever), he offered me the position.  Russell started jumping up and down immediately.  Mr. Well's said I could take the weekend to think it over, or accept it right away.  I accepted it right away.lol. 

And when I saw Leslie for dinner, I did have a job!!!  I got the official email from HR today, and in a few weeks they will have me come in and sign the contract (they like to have everyone do it at the same time).  We are so excited.  I will be teaching 10th grade world history, and next year they hope to move me over to economics.  I can't wait, I start in January, so I have a month to get ready and prepare.  I have several boxes in the attic full of stuff for my classroom (pictures, maps, books, etc.) and now I get to get it down and use it.  And I don't have to student teach YAY!!! 

Thanks to all that were praying for this to happen!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Stacy! I just found your site...Congrats on the job!! How exciting!

    Haley McGrew
    www.themcgrewcrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop!!! I'm still excited for you! You will make a great teacher. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Stacy! That's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yahooooo :) :) still excited about this!! love you. already miss you.

    ReplyDelete