Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's Official!!

Yesterday I signed my contract, so it's 100% official.  The actual signing was kind of anti-climatic, it was online and you had to do an electronic signature, which basically means you just type your name.  Either way, I"m full time employed.  And even better, is that you only have to work 90 days to count as a full year, and so since there are 100 days in the semester, next year it will say I have taught a full year, and get the pay increase! 

Today, I went and met my team leader, as well as another lady who is starting this semester as well.  She has one year experience, so it's nice to have someone else who is new, and new to teaching.  My TL gave us a binder that had the scope and sequence, notes, TEKS, and other things to help us get started.  And they haven't started planning for the next semester, so we aren't too behind.  Tomorrow there is a retirement party, for the man I am replacing.  I wasn't going to go, because thats kid of akward, but my TL was like oh I'll give you some more stuff at the party.  So I guess I'm going. haha.

Other than that, not much is going on here.  On Sunday we were able to go to the Texans game with Kathy's group from Camp Periwinkle.  For the last three years they have had extra tickets, and we have gotten to go.  It's really nice because its in a luxury suite! 


Every time some of the cheerleaders come up, and lots of the boys (the reason we get to go is because the oldest group of boys from Camp Periwinkle are invited to the game, and we get the leftovers) take pictures with them.  And of course, Russell wanted his pictures with them. lol.


On Monday it was both dad's and Russell's mom's birthday.  We went out eat with Russell's family on Monday night.  It was a fun night, but I miss celebrating with my side of the family.  Happy Birthday to Dad and Kathy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment