Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Lights

Sorry for two posts in one day (though I have realized I haven't blogged as much this month-sorry)

We finally finished putting up all the outside Christmas lights. It took us about 4 days, starting from when Russell gets home to when it gets dark (~1.5 hours). It's been kind of cold here lately, and it was definitely some of the colder days that we worked on it.


Russell working on the roof



What we accomplished after the first day



After the second work day the second peak done



And, apparently if you wait too long Walmart and other places run out of the lights that you need. So we decided to just put multi-colored lights on the upper bushes (it was going to be just red like the bottom).  But I think they turned out well being multi colored on the top.  A little variety!

 
The final product.  Again, we would of liked to do all the columns, but couldn't find any more rope lights.



And this little guy will welcome you into our home :)

I love Christmastime.  A little dissappointed in our neighbors, none have put up any lights or decorations.  And those that went all out for Halloween, don't seem to have the same sentiment towards Christmas.  Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. The outside of your house looks great--way to get up on the roof and put the lights up. Maybe you can find some rope lights somewhere after Christmas. Dad said he noticed that stores didn't have as many decorations/lights this year as in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'm impressed. We never got to putting up lights when we had our house. I would have liked to. I considered it good if we got the tree up. I hope I get better in the years to come. Also, congrats on the job!! I hope you enjoy the school you are at.

    ReplyDelete