Sunday, January 3, 2010

More Christmas and a New Year

Our New Years wasn't anythign too exciting, just a nice night with Russell's family.  Kathy and Max had gone up to upstate New York to visit her parents, so we picked them up from the airport on Thursday night.  Then we went to eat at a Chinese buffet (it was really good).  I don't get Chinese food that often, so I was excited about it.  Russell goes to get Chinese some for lunch at work, so he gets it more than I do, and was less excited about it- lol.  Majority rule!  Then we just spent the evening at their house watching football and the ball drop.  Some champagne to toast in the New Year, and the new decade!!



Russell's mom got a new cat, so I had fun taking pictures of him with my new camera.  Everyone meet Sparky!!


He curled up with behind Russell's legs. Here is my favorite picture of him: It's like he is on the lookout for something



Mom and Dad came to visit on Friday, for a belated Christmas.  It was nice to see them, because it has been awhile, the last time we saw them was Thanksgiving.  We opened presents soon after they got here.  Russell got some new tools, and I got a DVD and some stampin up stuff.  Also, they brought leslie and Jeremy's presents, we got Loaded Questions game (which if you haven't played you need to) and a cool cupcake carrier (hard to describe- but you can carry cupcakes without messing up the icing).  Dad also, gave us a proof of the 2009 silver dollar, to commemerate our wedding year! 




On Saturday we went shopping.  We went to the teacher store, so I could get some supplies, as well as the Container Store.  Since we were on that side of town we were able to eat at Freebirds.  I love that place, and wish there was one closer to our house.  Afterwards we came home, and watch the Proposal.  It's a really cute movie (thanks mom and dad for giving it to me!!).  And Sunday we went to church, came home and ate lunch, and started watching the Texans game.  Then mom and dad had to head back up.  Sad day.  On a happier note (at least for Russell), the Texans won, and have a winnign season for the first time.  However, Cinncinati doesn't want to win, and therefore there is no way the Texans are going on to the playoffs. 

Tomorrow I start work (eek!).  Luckily, kids don't come until Wednesday, so I will have a nice short week to get accustomed.  Tomorrow, I"m just going to set up my room (don't worry-i'll post pics) and Tuesday we have inservice.  And the real world has begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment