Saturday, January 9, 2010

My First Week

I survived my first week of work !! AND I plan on coming back haha

Monday wasn't technically work, however I was able to get in the building to set up my classroom.  My wonderful friend Cody came and helped me (I helped set hers up in August).  However, sticky tack does NOT work.  So when we got back from lunch, most everything had already falled down.  I tried doing again, but to no avail.  Thankfully Russell came by afterwork with an arsenal of 3M adhesive products.  And now everything sticks.  Here are some pictures:

Looking in from the door.  My desk in the back corner.

My kids will be doing current events every 6 weeks, this is where they wil be posted.

Side wall (wall with door on it)

My rules, and for the most part they follow them- haha

My college board- and yes A&M is at the top center on purpose lol

The front wall.  So excited about my smart board!

My cabinet and bookshef, along with my supply table. Yes I am luck I have so many tables in my room.

On Tuesday we had inservice.  Those aren't fun. haha.  We had to do two online training classes.  As well as multiple meetings.  I was introduced in front of everyone at the staff meeting.  Everyone on staff was really nice, and throughout the week they would randomly come by my room and see how things were going.  Overall Tuesday was a good day and I felt more comfortable for Wednesday when the kids came.

Wednesday went well, I have first and second periods off, so it was a lot of anticipation that morning.  But once I had my first class all went well.  The rest of the week went with out problems, til the very last period on Friday.  My 7th period had almost 30 kids, the biggest I had all day, and the first two days they did really well; however, on Friday they decided at about 2 o'clock they were ready to call it a day.  No acceptable.  We still had quite a bit to do, so I had to yell.  But I think they were kinda shocked at that.  Besides my feet killing me everyday (on the agenda to get some new ones over the weekend) the week went well, and I am excited about the rest of the semester.

Friday afternoon, our new TV was delivered.  For those of you that don't know, Russell had a nice 42 inch TV, but since it was a dlp tv and they use mirrors to show the picture (remember the creepy girl and the elephant commercials where she says "its the mirrors") the mirrors kept getting stuck open, leaving white spots on the tv, and it became un watchable.  So we have been using my little tv, which looked out of place in the big opening out our house has for the tv.  We asked for money and gift cards for Christmas which significantly helped to buy our new 50 inch plasma tv!!! and yes that is Mighty Ducks we are watch- HAHAH flashback to 1992!



On a sad note, we took down Christmas decorations today and now our house looks sad.  And Russell broke on of our candle sticks that we got as a wedding present, while taking down the garland on the mantle ( you can tell on the picture above).  They were kinda expensive too, oh well things happen.  :(

4 comments:

  1. looks great! Glad you had a good first week.
    I like the TV--a little easier to see than you old one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this post with us...its really very informative.... Glue.

      Delete