Sunday, June 3, 2012

School’s Out!

Well it is official.  It is summer.  It has been a pretty good month of May.  Some exciting things have been happening at school.  First off I had 100% passing rate on the TAKS test!!  I was genuinely worried about a few students, but they managed to pull through!

Second, next year I will be teaching economics!!  As many of you know I majored in economics in college, and that is where I ultimately wanted to me.  However, I knew I had to bide my time until I could get there. I’m just glad is was sooner than later.  I love world history, but I am so excited about economics.  Here is a picture of the girls on my new team, when we were at graduation.

IMG_0288

And lastly, I have been spending some of my weekends going to the baseball games.  The baseball team has made it through all the rounds of the playoff and are going to the state tournament in Round Rock next weekend.  I have about 6 kids on the team (and four who start) so that is exciting- because I know them but also because it means they will still be good next year as well.

IMG_0271

This was when we beat Clements- I really thought that I was going to due since there was no screen for the foul balls.

The last games were played at University of Houston.  I went to the one on Friday night and they sealed their trip to state on Saturday.

IMG_0289

bb 1

bb 2

bb 4

Some of the teachers are planning on going to Round Rock.  I will be in Alabama helping Jeremy with high school camp.  But don’t worry I have people who will be updating me on the scores! 

No comments:

Post a Comment