Sunday, June 17, 2012

Journey

Last week I was able to go to high school camp with Lake Pointe.  I had gone two years ago and had lots of fun, so I was looking forward to it.  And I am going to say I had more fun this year than two years ago.

Camp is in Orange Beach Alabama, which is always so beautiful.

IMG_0315

One day we were eating dinner out on the balcony and saw some dolphins.  If you look closely you can see them.  There were about 8 or so of them.

DSC02416

However, this year we had some bad weather.  Here are some of the groups shots while we were trying to take massive group shot (over 500 high schoolers came to camp), excuse our crazy hair, because it was very windy.  Here are the girls from my condo:

DSC02421

DSC02425

DSC02432

Here are the leaders from Firewheel.

DSC02444

Worship was awesome, and the rec games were fun.  However, my group could never seem to win (story of my life). 

IMG_0321

IMG_0335

The ride home gave the name Journey a whole new meaning.  It ended up taking us 20 hours to get home, instead of just 12 like it should.  We left around 10am Sunday morning and I got home 6am Monday morning.  It was pouring down rain when we left, so traffic was bad, and everyone was driving real slow.  Then we randomly made a wrong turn and we ended up on a dirt road.  Also some of the busses’ bathrooms didn’t work so stops took forever. 

IMG_0356

Hey we eventually made it home, kids go saved, and that’s really all that matters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment