Saturday, May 14, 2011

Slacking Lately

I feel like I have been slacking lately on the blog... but to be honest nothing too exciting has happened.  School is slowly winding down.  We had TAKS test on the last week of April.  I think it went well, we haven't gotten the results back yet- so who knows.  My students (only my 10th grade world history kids took it) came back saying that the stuff that we put in the "TAKS bible" (their review packet) wasn't on the test- but I'm sure most of it was.  So we shall see.

I had my summative meeting (end of the year meeting with my appraisor).  It went well, I got half Excells and the other half Proficient.  She told me ways to get excells on the rest.  And in case you are wondering, yes I still have a job next year!  Other districts in Houston had to lay off teachers, but as a far as I know all the teachers in my district got to stay, they started laying off some at the administrative level and some curriculum coaches.

Just wanted to brag on my sister for a bit!  Not only did she graduate from her accelerated nursing program (which has consumed her life the past year)... she got a job!!  I'm so excited for her.  Hopefully her and Jeremy can get back to a normal life! 

I can't wait to see my family next weekend, as we are traveling up to Dallas to see one of my good friends growing up get married, and a wedding shower for another one. 

Life will get exciting again and I will get back to blogging more.  12 more days of school left!  Countdown to summer begins!!

1 comment:

  1. Will be excited to see you and Russell next weekend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete