Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My First Golf Experience

Starting Friday we have only have half days left of school.  Today me and Russell decided to take advantage of the extra time, so we set up a tee time for 3pm.  I got a set of golf clubs from mom (who I think had gotten them from Leslie).  I’m pretty sure they were too short for them, and they work pretty well (maybe a little long) for me. 

I have never played golf before.  I have hit at the driving range a few times, but never played a hole.  Well, I did today.  And I am not good. lol.  I got better later in the day, but yeah I’ll stick to my day job. 

I didn’t play every hole.  After about the first 7 I was kinda tired.  It was a cart path only day (we don’t know why-since it hasn’t rained in FOREVER)- so it was a lot of walking.  And I am not good at finding where my ball went, so again, a lot of walking.  So I took a few holes off, and then on the back 9 I stopped keeping score, then I did a lot better.  I started hitting it a lot more solidly.

Maybe this summer I will take a few lessons- until then I am happy being bad.

 

 

ONE MORE DAY til school is done!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. That’s not bad for first-timers. At least, you were able to improve as you played on. When I first tried playing, my only glorious moment was my first swing. Haha! Were you able to take some golf lessons? Knowing a little about the sport can actually give you more confidence when you play.

    Regards,
    Kaden Gill

    ReplyDelete