Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bad Luck

The past few weeks have been bad luck for the McCarthy’s regarding our vehicles.  Two Friday’s ago I got into a fender bender.  Well MY fender was slightly bent, his whole front of his car was slightly more smooshed.  I was pulling out onto a major road and did not see him at all and he ran into the back of me.  So yeah my fault- but still not fun.  Especially because he called the police (I mean really was that necessary?!?)  So then we just had to wait on the side of the road for the cop to come, write a report, gave us pieces of paper that had each others information on it, all of that could have been done without his help.  And in like 5 minutes instead of standing on the side of the road for almost an hour.  He also gave me a ticket- failure to yield right of way.  ugh- now I have to go to court in July and I’m sure go to defensive driving.

DSC01394

The damage to my car

DSC01393

The damage to his car- I guess there are some good things about having an SUV!

And then the next week we were out to eat with Cohlby and his new girlfriend.  When we parked- I commented on how big the parking space was (Russell’s doors are kind big and sometimes he has to let me out before he pulls into the space- but that was not the case, and there was plenty of room in this space).  However, apparently it wasn’t big enough because when we came back out we noticed that the drivers side door was gashed.  Needless to say Russell was not happy.

247349

So hopefully that will be enough excitement for our cars for awhile.

 

Summer is going well, haven’t done too much, but starting next week that will change.  Next week is VBS, the week after is the AP institute, and then two weeks in Tennessee for Christy’s wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment