Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Africa Plays and Eco Fair

As school winds down, we are doing projects- basically because there isn’t time to teach another unit.  My geography students did a Three-Act Play over a country in Africa (because Africa is a CONTINENT- NOT a country- just a little tired of saying that- lol).  One of my students was born in Ghana and lived there until he was six, his group actually drew Ghana as their country to do a play over.  He brought in actual clothes from Ghana, and he actually wore the outfit that his dad got married in.  Very cool!  Here is his group after they  performed their play.

IMG_0076

Can you guess which one is from Ghana? lol. 

The seniors did an “Eco Fair”  (in their government and economic classes) where they had to create products and design and sell them.  Today we had an extended period where the seniors had set up their booths in the cafeteria, and they were able to buy and sell their goods, as well as the teachers who were off second period (which I am!).  They had just paper money, so I got some good stuff for free!

IMG_0078

I was able to “buy” a cute pair of flip-flops, bedazzled picture frame, cake balls (there was a LOT of food products- including chips and homemade  salsa that I had already eaten by the time I took this picture), a bracelet with my name, and a key chain that says mustangs, which is our mascot.  Also, one of my student that I have made the horseshoe (yes it’s real from his farm) and it’s says 2011 Cypress Ranch 1st class (since this is the first years for seniors).  I thought by far it was the most original and creative.  Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment