Sunday, March 6, 2011

Billy Elliot

I feel like I'm always a week behind on this thing.  Sorry.  I'm trying.

Last Sunday I had the opportunity to go see Billy Elliot the musical at the Hobby Center in downtown Houston.  Kathy (Russell's mom) was going with the Camp Periwinkle girls, and they had some extra tickets.  The same couple that buys tickets to the Texans game for the boys, bought these tickets for the girls. 

The show was really nice.  It's a musical about a boy who gets into the Royal Ballet School in London.  They kept calling it bally.  Cute.  They had several little kids who were very talented.  Unfortunately there weren't really any songs that stick in your head days later.  But it was all very good.  I think Elton John wrote all the music.  It has won several Tony's. 

Afterwards we went to Carrabas for dinner.  They had appitizers ready for us when we got there.  Which was great because it was a long time since we had eaten, because it was a one o'clock show.  We were able to choose any entree and drink, and even had a dessert platter to share.  It's was great, I was definitely full afterwards.

It was an all day event, and it made me not do all my grading.  But it was worth it. I am thankful to know such great people who want to help out kids with cancer.  And thankful that they include me in things.


5 days til spring break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment