Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week of Randomness

My kids were really random this week.  I don't know how or why but it was a crazy week.

It started out on Tuesday during 5th period all the sudden a half drank milk carton showed up on desk.  I asked, of course no one wanted to admit it.  I didn't think too much of it, besides it was random and gross, but threw it away.  On Wednesday the milk made its appearance again.  And again on Thursday.  I kept thinking it was one of my goofballs that I have in there.  I mean this kid wore a fake mustache on Thursday- just because.  On Thursday there was the normal half drank milk, but at the end of the period there was another carton that hadn't been opened yet.  I didn't throw them away right away because I was fixing the desks back (they had been in tables for a group project) because my 6th period had a test.  Someone in my 6th decided that he was thirsty and drank the milk.  YUCK!  So I told my 5th on Friday, no more milk because someone may get sick.  It turned out to be one of my better smarted kids trying to be funny.  they are a weird class anyways so that's just another week in my 5th period.



On Wednesday we were talking about the Three Gorges Dam in China.  There are millions of youtube videos of it.  What it is, is a ginormous (1.3 mile wide) dam built on the Yangtze River to prevent flooding down stream, but its creating a 400 mile long reservoir.  Because of this it is going to change some of the ecology (as well as making over 1000 towns relocate to higher ground).  One of the examples in the book was that the river dolphin could go extinct because the river is changing.  So my students in my 4th period really took offense to that and put together this whole petition and flag to save the river dolphins.  This is all on my door.  Everyone who walks by and asks what it is.  I'll try to take a picture of it on Monday and post it, until then this is the River Dolphins in China.

On Friday in my 5th period (of course) on of my girls got a pass to the nurse.  When she came back another girl yells out "did you have to get a pap smear?".  OMG chaos ensues.  The girl who yelled it is a senior who always like to brag about it, but almost everybody else in the class are freshman (and mostly boys).  So everyone laughs, but then starts asking questions.   AWKWARD.  I just say ask your mom.  I am not going to have that conversation with them.  But then all the sudden all I could think about is Michael Scott on the show The Office and he asks if it a "pap smear or a pap schmear? like cream cheese".  I don't know it was all so random and so funny.  Why do these things happen in MY classroom?


And lastly ..... this song is what everyone was singing on Friday.  My 5th period (again of course) showed me the video.  It's like this twelve year old girl (who is not good) singing about skipping school and going to a party on Friday.  It's beyond ridiculous.  Go to the 2 minute mark- it's the best.  Oh goodness "music" these days.  And then they played it on the loud speaker at the end of the day



thank goodness for the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what part of the song was more funny, the part where they explain that Saturday comes after Friday and then after Saturday it's Sunday...the part where the random guy in a car starts 'rapping', or the singing in general. WOW. You always have the best stories from work.

    ReplyDelete