Friday, December 17, 2010

Last day of the Semester!!

Today was the last day of this semester.  Even though I just had a week long vacation in Cancun, I was so excited for it to come.  The kids were getting very antsy as well.  They had midterm exams starting from Tuesday, so a lot of grading to get done in a little time, but it all got done.  I never want to read about the differences of the Soviet Union and present-day Russia, but I dont' have to until probably this time next year- lol.

The kids had a half day today, and the teachers had lunch provided by Student Council while we waited for all the grades to go through problem free.  Lukcily this year I only had one failure, basically because he has been absent 14 days this six weeks (just so you know truency is 9 absences for the YEAR).  While we were waiting, we all contributed a dollar (or more) and whosever name they drew would get the pile (over $300).  I didn't win :( but we all did get free long sleeve t-shirt, which is nice because now my Ranch shirt count is up to 4!

There are only 8 days left until Christmas.  I have everything ordered that needs to be ordered, and just a have a few more small gifts to get from the mall.  I tihnk I will wait until Monday morning, just because I know the crowds will be crazy tomorrow.  I also ordered some photo cards today, so those will go out tomorrow...be on the look out. 

Russell has all next week off as well.  I guess technically he used vacation days for next week, but we are both excited to just relax around the house.  We are going up to Dallas to spend Christmas with my family on Wednesday and will come back late Christmas night.  So we are going to celebrate Christmas with Russell's family on Tuesday.  We are having it at our house, so this will be my first holiday dinner to prepare and host.... hopefully it all goes well.  I'll keep you updated!  Until then....happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment