Friday, December 31, 2010

10 Great Things in 2010

I’ve decided to compose a list of the top ten things that we did in 2010.  Here is the countdown:
10.)  In November we went to a Skillet and Toby Mac concert.  At first we were a little skeptical, mainly because we had forgotten about going with our friends and mom and dad were in town and A&M was playing Nebraska.  We said that if it was bad we would leave… however it was AWESOME!  Great concert and a lot of fun!DSC01015DSC01032
9.)  Going to the Ranch with the Youtsey family.  We went several times out to the ranch with Morgan and Cohlby in 2010 they were lots of fun!!
DSC00536
8.)   Summer!  It was great having the summer off, I wish that Russell had it off too.  However, in my time off I was able to go to camp with the high schoolers in Orange Beach, Alabama, went up to Dallas for a whole week for Lauren’s wedding, and I went to Nashville to see Christy.
DSC00659
DSC00696
DSC00855
7.)  Our one year anniversary on March 7.  It is so crazy that we had been married for a year (almost two now!).  I have a wonderful husband and I am blessed to have him in my life!
DSC00140
6.)  Christmas 2010.  We had an awesome Christmas this year.  We hosted Russell’s family the Tuesday before Christmas.  Then we went up to Dallas to see my side of the family.  It was nice to see everyone again, and we got some good stuff too.  Tony gave us a Wii, so that provided a ton of entertainment over the break, mom and dad gave me a Kindle, and Russ gave me a new laptop (which is awesome).  We also had money where we were able to give some really good gifts this year (at least I thought so).
IMG_0495
5.)  Over Spring Break we were able to go visit Russell’s family up in New York.  It was the first time that his grandparents were able to meet me.   It was great getting to know a little bit more about Russell. 
DSC00189
4.)  Getting the Corvette.  This one was at the top of the list for Russell, but since it’s mostly my blog it got demoted just a little bit.  But it is always nice to see someone’s childhood dream come true and that’s what happened. 
DSC00619
3.) Cancun!  We got invited to join Russell’s parents down in Cancun over Thanksgiving this year.  It was an awesome time to get away and relax. 
Cancun (39)
2.)  May 2010 I graduated with my Master’s in Education, focusing on Curriculum and Instruction.  It was nice to finally be done with school and see the fruits of all my hard work.
IMG_4977
Drum Roll please……….
1.)  Getting a job!  Technically I was hired in December of 2009, but I didn’t start until Spring semester.  I was hired on to teach World History at Cy Creek High School, and even though I switched to Geography and World History at Cy Ranch, it is nice to have a job.  I love teaching teenagers (even though I might complain).  It is a very rewarding job, and after almost 10 months of searching I am finally a productive member of society!
DSC01001
DSC01005
I hope that God continues to bless us in 2011 and you as well.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment