Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lauren's Wedding

This past week has been filled with wedding festivities for my friend Lauren.  I went up to Dallas on Monday and spent the week there.  First order of business was to help celebrate Leslie's 26th birthday.  Her birthday was on Sunday and they had gone to the Rangers game.  But it was fun to have dinner and dessert with her and Jeremy.
Mom seems to be reusing my candles from February.  On Monday night I got to hang out with Amanda and the Fosters.  On Tuesday I went and had lunhc up at the church with mom and Mrs. Laura, yummy Taco Bueno (someone needs to open one up here in Houston).  Afterwards, Heather came up and we played Wii in the youth room- some perks of knowing all the right people at the church.  It was great to hang out with Heather alone some before all the wedding stuff.  On Tuesday night we went to On the Border with Lauren, Katherine, and Katie.  Dad had a late softball game that night, and despite the rain they played.  I haven't been to one of his games in awhile because they are always on Tuesday nights when I'm not there.
Wednesday I had lunch with dad at Genghis Grill (yay someone is opening one up in Houston!!!!).  And then mom got permisison to miss work and we went to see Eclipse with the Foster ladies. It was really good, much better than the first two. 


Afterwards we had a dessert shower at Heather's house for Lauren.  It was nice because it was just the bridesmaids.  Afterwards we went out for Lauren's bachelorette party.  We started out with margaritas at OTB and then to have a "dance" lesson at the Girls Room.  It was fun and very interesting-lol.  And I'll just leave it at that.
Thursday we went to get our nails done in the morning and then checked in the hotel and got ready for the rehersal at 3.  Then Lauren and Mark had an open house at their new apartment before the rehersal dinner at Maggianos.  Friday we had a nice surprise of 30 minute messages, Lauren got an hour one.  We got our hair and make up done in time to then start worrying about the rain.  They finally decided to have the wedding inside instead of outside (good thing they didn't take my advice, because I was certain it would blow over).  Good theing they didn't because it rained practically all night.  Russell's flight was delayed by about 3 hours.  He missed the ceremony but made it in time for the reception. 

After the all the wedding activities, on Saturday the boys went to play golf and me, Leslie, and mom went to Northpark Mall.  Mom had some "gold" there and so she shared with us.  Overall it was great week.  However, I was glad to be back at home with my husband and my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment