Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

This past weekend was Mother's Day (hope everyone remembered).  We spent it out at our friend Cohlby's ranch, or I guess his parents-lol, in Mason (about 2 hours west of Austin).  The whole Youtsey family was there as well as Cohlby's girlfriend Morgan and Kathy and Max.  We left after school on Friday and got there around 8:30.  It is definitely about a 4 and a half hour drive.  It was nice to just get away and do nothing.  We went 4wheeling and hiking. 

We saw some deer on our way in and one on Saturday night.  While Mark and Max were driving around they found a rattlesnake and shot it, and then chopped its head off.  Then they came back and skinned it, so gross.   So that made the rest of the boys want to go out and hunt for rattle snakes.  We didn't see anymore, but we did see a raccoon.  So Cholby shot at it, and hit it in the butt but it still lived and when he tried to shoot it again (yes this is a place that they carry guns anytime they go out) it ran out from behind the rock.  Well Cohlby's dog Bo decided he would finish it off.  It was crazy.  I took pictures because I didn't know what else to do, but they are kinda graphic, so i won't post.

That night we went "spotlighting" which basically means you go around on the Kabota with a red spotlight.  Apparently the raccoons and stuff can't see color so then they can't see us.  We didn't see any more racoons, thankfully.  But Spencer did scare me because he was on the back of the Kabota, and then h jumped off and started walking behind it, and I didn't know that and I turned around and he scared me-lol.

Sunday morning we went for a walk around the property some and then ate breakfast and gave the mom's there their presents.  Then we left around 1:30 for our long drive back.  I'm glad Morgan rode with us, it was nice to have someone else to talk to, not that I don't enjoy talking to Russell but he knows almost everything about me and my day already.



The only bad thing about the trip was that I got sunburned, and high schoolers can be pretty mean about it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment