Monday, May 17, 2010

It's over!!!

I have finally finished all of my school, or at least all my plans of school!  On Saturday I graduated with my Master's of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Texas A&M University.  I went ahead and decided to walk the stage, even though I just did it a year and a half ago.  It was a lot more fun doing for my Master's, you get a cooler outfit.  lol.  I never did really ever figure out how to wear the hood, but Cody helped me out.  However, once I was there I realized that there is a little hook thing that for boys they can hook onto their botton.  But for girls it doens't work that easy.  Since no one had a safety pin, Kathy went to get some but ended up running to close to time to when the ceremony started, so I had to improvise with a rubber band I found and an extra bobby pin.  I was successful in not having my hood choke me!

After the ceremony, which took 3 hours :( we went out behind the George Bush Library, where we took our engagement pictures, to take pictures and get away from the crowds.  By the time we got home it was 6:45 and people were coming over at 7 to celebrate.  But we still had good food and good fun despite being slightly rushed.

I took my diploma up to school with me today to show my kids, all of them were very proud of me, and some wanted to kown how to get one.  Hopefully I inspired some of them.  We had already celebrated my graduation on Friday, by having a "party" after our quiz.  they brought food and stuff, it was more organized chaos than anything else.  One class only had one package of cookies and some plates, and another class took it to the extreme with an xbox360 and strobe lights.   My kids are so weird- lol.  My third period got to meet Leslie, as she came up to visit me.  They are my ESL class, and have claimed to see my sister before at school, basically another girl who has red hair.  They were excited to meet her.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Sweetie. Dad and I are very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete