Saturday, March 6, 2010

Longest Week EVER!

Well what I thought would be short week turned out to be the longest week ever. Or at least it felt like it. One of the most boring things, and should be used a torture devise, is to watch people take a TAKS test. I had the slow people in my class. And even though in the TAKS manual (yes I read it) that they can read after they are done, our school said no, they had to wait until the whole room is done. So some kids finished by 9, and had to wait until 11:50 when the last person in my room had finished, and actually applauded when he did. And by that time we were only 5 minutes away of sending him down to late testing. So a good 2 hours that kids would actually read, and want to read, they couldn’t. They all had To Kill A Mockingbird, because that’s what they are reading in English right now.


I had my formal observation on Friday with the principal. He came into my 3rd period, which is my ESL class. I think it went well. We finished notes, and did a hands-on assembly line activity (because we are studying the Industrial Revolution). I guess I will find out what he has to say next week when I meet with him.

I got my scores back from my PPR test, and I passed! YAY. So come May when I graduate, it I will be all certified as well. Now just to graduate in May I need to start working on my research project… maybe over Spring Break. Lol.

We got to hang out with a lot of friends this week. We went to dinner with Cody on Thursday night. And on Morgan and Cohlby came over last night. Cohlby bought a motorcycle so he came over to show it off. Tonight we are going to dinner with Kathy and Max (Russell’s parents). Only one more week until Spring Break!! I’m excited, and mom and dad are coming next weekend! It’s been awhile since we have seen them (over a month), so it will be fun. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment