Sunday, July 24, 2011

and the bad luck continues. . .

So last week I was running some errands, and while I was at the dry cleaners (for like the ONE thing in our closet that needs to be dry cleaned lol) and this guys goes, I don’t know much about tires, but you definitely have a flat.  And sure enough it was flat, so luckily the dry cleaners was my last stop.  When I got home, I saw the nail that was in my tire.  The next day I took it to Discount Tire, and they had to replace the tire, it couldn’t be fixed.  While I was there I was informed that I need all new tires, since they were getting kind of low.  Which Russell had actually mentioned that to me, but since we just got back from vacation tires will have to wait a few paychecks. lol.  I got the one replaced for only $28.  Is there such thing as tire fraud, because I would like to just perfectly place three nails under the existing tires and drive over them to get all the other tires at $28 as well.  That’s probably illegal though Sad smile 

On Friday we were driving to Katy to meet up with our friends Katie and John who live in Sugarland (so Katy is about halfway for both of us) and we hear this noise.  All the sudden we are driving over spilled paint.  OMG.  So frustrating.  As we keep driving we see the can dragging underneath a car.  We pull over to a gas station to assess the damage.   I didn’t take a picture because I think I was in shock and wanted to try and get it off asap! It looked like how when upi drive through a big puddle of mud, only it was paint.  I guess I am glad that it was beige color, not hot pink or something- though that might have been cool- lol.  At the gas station we use the window scrubbers to try to scrub it off.  It comes off kinda, but its balling up and leaving some weird residue.  UGH so frustrated.  We do what we can at the gas station but eventually leave to go to dinner (which was SUPER fun I love them).

Saturday I looked up on the internet how to get paint off a car.  Somehow no one had my same problem- all it talked about it like paint from another car.  So I went to Walmart and got some Goo Off and it seems to work, along with a lot of scrubbing (I think I ruined Russell’s sponge).  However, its not working good enough, so we decide a pressure washer would work best.  So I empty out our change jar and raid it for all the quarters, go back to Walmart (and also one more time that day with Russell to get more charcoal- so three Walmart runs in one day- probably a record even for me) to get another can of Goo Off, and head to the closest do it your self quarter car wash (which was not actually close- but it was the only one I knew of- so I’m sure there is one closer I just don’t know about it).  So about a million quarters and an hour of pressure washing later my car is back to normal.  It also got rid of some of the scratches from my wreck earlier in the summer, and some other scratches that have come over the years.   So all is well, just very frustrating.

Tomorrow I am going down to the courthouse to take care of the ticket I got- which means defensive driving. . .  BOOO.  This summer has not been good to my poor car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment