Monday, September 13, 2010

Fun Weekends

The last few weekends have been great.  Normally our weekends are pretty boring, just enjoying our days off.  But two weekends ago, we went to the Youtsey's ranch for Labor Day.  It is always fun going out to the ranch.  It was even more nice this time, because it was a long weekend, so we don't feel like the drive might not be worth it.  But it was this time.  It was nice and cool for the most part the whole weekend.  On Saturday night we went to the Doss County Volunteer Fire Department Fish Fry.  I wish I had brought my camera with me, because it was quite an experience.  There is probably 500 people in that city, and there were well over 1500 people there.  The line was super long, and immediately they would hand you a class of beer. lol.  Too bad I don't like beer.  And for the entertainment was little grandma playing the accordian and grandpa playing the quitar and doing the drum and cymbal with his knees.  They were actually very good.  I think my grandparents would have enjoyed it very much (minus the Kegs of LoneStar beer).

On that Sunday we went down to the river (the Llano runs right by them, but we went to the James river- i think).  It was pretty low so we didn't try to float, we just took the lawn chairs and stuck them in the middle.  It was nice to be out side but still be cool because of the water.  We ate a lot of pistachios and cookies out there.  Luckily I applied and kept reapplying sunscreen.  Morgan didn't do as she was told and got very burnt.







On Tuesday after Labor Day my school, Cy Creek, had a grand reopening since all of the constuction is done.  Since Russell and Morgan went there, we went to the ribbon cutting ceremony.  I have only known my school under construction or finished, so it was funny to hear their comments.  They were constantly trying to figure out where they were. 

Morgan's birthday was on Wednesday, so Cohlby came down to Houston this past weekend, so we got to hang out with them two weekends in a row.  On this past Saturday we went over to Cohlby's and hung out at the pool all day.  Unfortunatly Morgan was still recovering from her burn, so we sat in the shade with a tshirt and sweat pants on- lol.  Cohlby kept asking when we would move up to the DFW area, and I said well three out of the four of us live in HOuston, so hopefully we can convience him to come down here- though I don't think he ever will. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment