Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last Day of School

Well it is officially summer!!  June 2nd was the last day with kids, and the teachers last day was the 3rd.  I really enjoyed my semester at Creek and will be sad to leave.  For those of you that don't know, I have been put on the "excess list" which is exactly like it sounds, there is an excess of teachers at Creek that the budget cannot support.  So I have been guaranteed a job within the district, it ust might not be where I want or what grade level and subject I want.  Which I'm not too picky so I'm just happy that I have a job.  Luckily  my whole school si getting remodeled and so everyone is moving classrooms for next year, so everyone was packing up their rooms, so that made it a little less embarassing.  I had pretty good kids this year I had 96% passing on the TAKS test (98% if you don't count my ESL kids) and I had 43% commended.  I can't wait for next year, wherever that might be to have kids for the whole year!  I'll keep you posted on my whereabouts for next year, but for now I will enjoy the perks of my job that give me 2 months off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment