Tuesday, February 14, 2012

B-Day and V-Day

Well it’s official, I am in my *late* twenties.

I turned 26 yesterday.  One of my coworkers asked if I was turning 29 again and I was UGHHH NO I’m not even 29 once. lol.  Oh well- he’s kinda old.

My students had projects due on Monday- so they all knew it was my birthday.  When I assigned it last week I was like “ok everyone write down this at the top- DUE Monday, February 13th, Mrs. McCarthy’s birthday…buy her presents”.  HAHA/  I had a few that were like if we get you something is it extra credit- I said no, but I would love them forever.

I still had a few that went and got me something.  Two girls gave me tape.  We tape everything in (all worksheets, review sheets, homework, etc) into our notebooks.  I always yell at them when they waste the tape.  mainly because they like to ball it up in their fingers to stick it on the desks- but also because it can be expensive.  So I got some new tape!!!

IMG_0212

Also, some M&Ms!!

IMG_0214

Two of my super sweet, yet very crazy boys got me…. well  I don’t really know what to call it… a smorgasbord present. lol.  Maybe I better just show you.

IMG_0213 

Well to start it’s in an empty Airheads box (I don’t’ know where they got it).  So there is a bag of chips and star bursts so that’s nice.  And $2 (cash is always nice).  Also some of MY markers and colored pencils, Coach Rizzo’s (the wrestling coach next door- and yes these are wrestling boys) white board eraser and two markers (which I tried to give back to him today, but he said it was my birthday I could keep them lol).  And a rolled up water bottle wrapper (which actually hurts when you blow it an someone), and what I thought was socks (gross) but it’s actually it’s gloves (because it’s cold).  HAHAHA I love them, and they said sweet things to me (read the card) but then at the bottom it said free 100.  yeah right Smile

Russell got me an edible arrangement.  It was very nice, Also, he got some chocolate covered strawberries and apples extra.  I love that the pineapples say 26 at the top!  Also, he got me a Kohl’s gift card!!!  We went to On The Border (where else?) for dinner- yummy!

395964_10101669957688284_8303889_79167178_814855297_n

I also got several cards, gift cards, and calls from my wonderful friends and family.

Today is Valentine’s day.  I always forgot what Valentine’s day is like in high school- but then I quickly remember…. BIG balloon bouquet, GIANT (and I mean GIANT, almost life size) teddy bears, flowers, and lots of candy.  It’s annoying.  Think of everything they have at Walmart- and every teenage boy buys it all. 

Russell got me this:

IMG_0216

We went on Sunday to Target to get cards.  When we were waiting in the checkout line I added these to the basket- lol.  I’m excited- I didn’t get to see Breaking Dawn in theaters, we went and saw the Muppet Movie instead. AND they don’t sell that flavor of gum at Walmart anymore so I got excited for it.

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day with their loved ones.

Anyone want to help me out with this???  I don’t understand why not?!?

IMG_0211

No comments:

Post a Comment