Sunday, November 20, 2011

I love my church :)

I just want to say I love my church.  Yes, it is hard work, but the people are great.

I say it is hard work because we meet in a middle school and we help tear down, pack up, and load out every Sunday.  So while everyone else is home eating lunch and napping, we are still up sweating (yes even well into November) and tearing down.

DSC01713

DSC01714

Some of our manly men that help.  We have four 25 foot (probably) trailers that we load up every week.  Fortunately we are not on the crew that sets up at 6 am. 

We also attend both services every week.  Well I should clarify, we attend the 9:30 service and then at the 11 service I teach the 2 and 3 year olds in Sunday school and Russell helps greet, offering, and tear down.

The people at our church are great- especially the people on staff.  They decided that this week we should tailgate.  So we did.  And it was awesome.  Each lifegroup was charged with making a pot of chili.  So yesterday several members got together to cook.

photo1

photo

Here we are tasting it- and we approve.  We found a chili online that had cocoa powder, coffee, and beer (*gasp* don’t tell the people who ate it at church lol).  It created a nice taste. 

DSC01712

DSC01710

The competition

DSC01709

Our entry.  Yes I made the signs.  Had had several names, and no one wanted to pick one, so I put both.  Choeeree (a combo of chocolate, beer, and coffee our secret ingredients) and 3^3 (three meats- ground chuck, sirloin, and pork sausage and the three secret ingredients).

DSC01715

Our judges.  Ours didn’t win, but that’s ok we still had fun.  But we will blame these guys!

DSC01711

Manning the grill is Tracey and Pastor Bryan!

DSC01718

Our favs: Bryan, Jake and Beth

DSC01716

AND at what other church is proper attire your jerseys?!?  Just saying….

…and yes I know you all love my macaroni necklace.  It is a friendship necklace because God gives us friends who help us, like Jonathan helped David.  (see above about teaching 2 and 3 year olds)

No comments:

Post a Comment