Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend was a three day weekend!!  YAY!! 

My parents came into town Friday night.  And they brought Kristin!  Kristin is a sophomore and Dallas Baptist University, and I have known her since she was two.  Mom used to babysit her and her brother when they were younger, and when she only had one brother, now she has two!  I love the Thieman family!  And I was really excited that Kristin had a free weekend to come down.

We didn’t really do too much over the weekend.  It was nice to just sit around and hang out with my family.  Saturday we went to Cypress Station grill for lunch (and was also dinner) and then went and go frozen yogurt later that night (yes that was Russell and I’s third time to go that week- Confused smile) lol. 

Sunday we went to church.  Mom, dad and Kristin went back home after the first service.  Russell and I stayed like we always do. I teach the 2s and 3s in sunday school and Russell greets at the door and takes offering.  After church we just had frozen pizza for lunch, because for dinner we had fajitas while we watched the Aggies play.  Russell’s family, and my friend Amanda came over to watch as well (even though she is a longhorn).  We had fun watching the Aggies win, hopefully that’s a trend that continues!!

Monday we hung around the house, and then went to Smash Burger for lunch.  Mom and dad were curious about it, because they don’t’ have them in Dallas (yet- I’m sure).  We love Smash Burger and eat there pretty regularly.  Last week on Groupon they had a buy a $12 gift card for only $6.  So I bought two and so did Russell, but Russell had a ten dollar credit so we got $48 worth of Smash Burger for $14.  Not to shabby!  After lunch mom, dad, and Kristin had to head back to Dallas. 

That night we had our fantasy football draft.  This is Russell and I’s second fantasy team.  This one was just for the Roddy/Taylor/McCarthy family.  Leslie chose Payton Manning first round, first pick over all.  She knows he’s hurt- I don’t know  her thinking on that one.  Oh well her loss my gain!  Go McCarthatrons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment