Friday, August 12, 2011

It’s Official

Summer is over. 

Today is my last day with nothing to do.  I’m kind of sad.  I know Russell is happy because now we both have to wake up early to an alarm.  Starting Monday I will have a week full of training and planning, and then on the 22nd it’s the first day of school.

This is my first year to actually start on the first day of school!  I am excited.  Even though I got thrown a curve ball last week.  I found out that I will not be teaching Geography like I was told I was, and like I taught last year.  This year I will be teaching 5 sections of World History- which I taught my first year and one section of last year.   I will also be teaching one section of Psychology in the fall, and a section of Sociology in the spring. 

As much as this threw me for a loop, I am excited.  Psyc/Soc is a senior elective class, so it should be fun.  Plus there s a bunch of interesting stuff to teach.    I am a little concerned about World History, they have changed the TEKS (the Texas standards that we teach to) and now we have to go all the way to 2011 (revolutions in Egypt/Libya and the death of Osama bin Laden).  Last year we spent one day on the Cold War/Korea/Vietnam- yes one day total for all of those.  So we are going to be moving at a RAPID pace- I don’t know if my freshman I had last year can work that hard to keep up with the pace this year.   So we shall see!

Well summer 2011 it’s been a blast!  Can’t wait for 290 days, or May 30th 2012 when it will be summer time again!  In the meantime I’m pretty sure this school year will be a blast too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment